Wednesday, March 28, 2018

The Downton Abbey Quilt Revisited

Years ago, literally I finished a quilt top.  A rather large quilt top.

It was a mystery quilt along put on by Ebony Love of Love Bug Studios




According to my blog posts I finished the top at the end of May 2014  Note, in the above picture, it does not have the borders on.

I had chosen the colors of the Dowager Countess Violet Crawley played by Maggie Smith. One of my favorite actresses!


I got it basted in June of 2014

And so, it has been basted, folded up waiting for me. 
Last night I started the quilting.  I got all of the stitch in the ditch lines done along the major seam lines.  From here on out I will take it block by block.  I'm really looking forward to getting this done!  (finally!)

1 comment:

Kathy H said...

That quilt is really beautiful. Looking forward to seeing it quilted too.