Monday, May 22, 2017

My Florida Birthday Present

I am writing this before my birthday, but by the time you read this it will have passed.  May 20 is my 40th birthday.  So at the end of April/beginning of May Mr. Riley and I went to Florida to celebrate.  By ourselves. No kids. (and a conference).

On Friday we left before dawn.  Flew straight to Orlando, rented a car, and drove straight to Clearwater Beach in time for lunch.  Then we slept in the sun.  And swam a little.  True Confession: I don't love swimming in salt water.

 We were out on the pier when this pelican dropped in to dry off in the wind/sun.  He (or she?) seemed to like to show off for all the cameras.
 Then Sat and Sun we went to Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure.  I rode my first roller coasters in 15+ years.  I still love them.





 We spent most of our time in the WWOHP.  Had lunch in The Leaky Cauldron.
 Mr. Riley drinking the famous Butterbeer (overrated) But the butterbeer potted cream dessert was to die for!
 The dragon on top of Gringotts bank.  Shoots fire out every once in a while.  Hot enough to feel it!

 Hogwarts castle in the background.
 This sign cracked me up.  I knew my minions at home would love it, too.
Mr. Riley's conference was at the Swan and Dolphin resort.  That's the Dolphin above and the Swan  below.


 The small print says "please do not swim in the pool, this means you"
 I was out doing a bit of shopping and got caught in one of those Florida storms.  Brief but intense.

 It was one of the best birthday presents ever.



2 comments:

Needled Mom said...

It sounds wonderful. Happy birthday!

Regina said...

Happy belated birthday!!! I wish i had read this before fuild. Your oldest son looks exactly like your husband.